You might not have heard of anyone use the word ‘daypack.' So, let me introduce this to you. When we say daypack, we are referring to the type of backpack that's used for day trips or shorter trips, so it's usually a small backpack.
As you can imagine, daypacks are small, lightweight, and convenient. While they're mainly designed for short hiking trips, they are extremely versatile and they are also used for different purposes.
They are used by kids and teens at school. And when you come to think of it, it is reasonable. This type of bag is made to be as comfortable as possible and they have ideal size for what you need for a short period of time.
**Below, you'll find more detailed reviews, but you can also click links above to check current prices and read customer's reviews on Amazon.
Another great thing about daypacks is their usability when you are on the go because they are lightweight and small. Some daypacks even have water bottle containers on the side.
Most of the time, there's a tube that leads to the front side of the daypack, which gives you the choice to drink while hiking, cycling, or just whenever you want. This is a really good way to keep you hydrated.
Finding the Right One
To make things complicated for you, there are a great number of options available to travelers in terms of buying bags. It may almost seem easier to just close your eyes and randomly pick a daypack.
It would definitely be faster than checking every bag available. Still, taking a little bit of consideration can get you the daypack perfect for your needs without putting must effort. Through that, you are able to save yourself a sweat.
To tell you honestly, looking for a new daypack is not as simple as it seems. You will be able to stumble upon hundreds of brands on the market and all these brands offer different sizes, models, designs, and features. You have to buy the daypack that's just perfect for your preference and needs among all of them.
Know Your Needs
To be able to find the best daypack for travel for you, the first step you have to do is to pick your daypack depending on the activity you are planning to do.
Most outdoor activities have its own requirements in terms of the type of pack you put on your back. Learning whether you want one appropriate for hiking or rock climbing alone can easily narrow the options significantly and save your time significantly.
Your activity is going tell you about the important needs that you'll have for your perfect daypack, stuff like the internal or external frame on top of materials and other features.
Regardless of the type of daypack, you're looking for; you have to consider the following features:
- Size: Make sure to choose a daypack that has the size that will fit your needs. Make sure it is not too big and not too small. Make sure it will fit everything you need to bring on your trip and at the same time; it is going to be comfortable.
- Shape: Daypacks come in different shapes depending on the kind of movement or activities you are planning to engage in. A daypack that is large and restrictive may be suitable for hiking, but a no-no if your hiking includes climbing.
- Comfort: Not because your daypack can carry all your needs, you can simply forget the comfort it offers. Make sure that the daypack you are carrying gives you all-out comfort while you are using it.
- Straps: The type of straps a daypack has is able to define where it sits and how weight is distributed throughout your body on top of the comfort the bag gives.
- Compartments: At the end of the day, the purpose of a daypack is all about carrying your stuff. The daypack should enough compartments and pockets that are spacious enough to accommodate your gears and you need to make sure that they are going to last long.
- Durability: When buying a daypack, of course, you want the bag to last for years. There are mostly two things that will decide how long your daypack is going to last. Of course, the first thing is that the daypack should be made of high-quality materials. It basically comes down to the sturdiness of the fabric used.
- Secondly, the daypack should be comfortable. If you're not comfortable when wearing the pack, then you wouldn't want to endure the discomfort the bag brings you.
- Carrying system: The carrying systems on daypacks vary quite a little. If you have no idea what carry system is it's everything that has something to do with the way how you carry the daypack, from the back panel to shoulder straps.It is important to ensure that the hip belt and shoulder straps are well-padded and that the daypack has an easy-to-adjust back panel.
- Waterproof: It depends on you if you want to take advantage of this feature. For me personally, I didn't find the needs to get one that is waterproof since I don't always go on water-related activities. However, if you like kayaking or fishing, then I'd suggest for you to look for one with this feature.
Five High-Quality Daypacks for Travel
Although there are a lot of brands and designs of daypacks for you to choose from, don't get too overwhelmed. In order to make the search easier for you, here are five of the best daypacks you can find in the marker. Those who don't want to compromise on the quality might want to pick from any of the below-mentioned daypacks:
Built from an ultra-lightweight nylon, the total dimensions of this daypack are 16.92 x 10.63 x 7.08. It has a compact pouch with a size of 6.29 x 5.90 x 1.97 inches. It comes with a pack-in-pocket that could also be used as an inner pocket.This bag has 3 zippered compartments, which makes arrangements of content extremely easy. May it be a day trip to the beach, hiking, or snorkeling, using this product will be so comfortable.
It's a perfect daypack for traveling and exploring. This backpack has two pockets for water bottles. This backpack has loaded of features, offering security, protections, and organization.There are exterior smaller pockets that provide an easy access to small stuff you put in it like mobile phone, action cameras, and others. The pocket located at the center has the capacity for carrying all the things you need for your travel.
Editor's Rating: 98/100
Price On Amazon: from $20.99
The Free Knight packable backpack is another daypack perfect for traveling. This daypack was is a good choice for two main reasons.First of all, it has multiple pockets for all things you need! These pockets easily make your things organized. The main large pocket is ideal for a few shirts, towel, and gadgets. The second pocket is perfect for shoes or flip-flops. The smallest pocket is a perfect place for you to put your keys or credit cards.
And finally, the bottom pocket that basically turns the main bag into a mini bag for storage is a good place to put your mini snacks. It also has two side pockets where you can put water bottles. Secondly, the size is perfect and the weight is super-lightweight. When folded up, this daypack takes almost no room that it fits your pocket.
Editor's Rating: 97/100
Price On Amazon: from $11.32
Possibly the best feature of this daypack is that it comes with a waterproof coating. So, it means that you can travel with it even when it is raining without having to worry about the things getting wet. Or in another instance, if you accidentally drops the daypack into some kind of water body, you don't have to worry about your stuff getting wet.This extraordinary daypack has a capacity of 20 liters, which means it is small bag and convenient. Nevertheless, it keeps things organized, well-managed and free from the risk of getting damaged. The daypack is made from high-quality Nylon. This specific choice of Nylon is tear-resistant; so, in case you have to go through bushes, even then the bag is going to protect itself from thorns, etc.
Editor's Rating: 95/100
Price On Amazon: from $15.99
This packable daypack can be folded into the little pouch which was great as it makes it very easy for the user to see hold to fold the backpack up when not using it.This daypack is made of a water-resistant nylon fabric which makes it high quality and reliable. The zippers are smooth when needed to be opened and shut. This daypack has two side pockets for the water bottle and a big pocket in the middle that shuts with a clip.
The interior of this daypack is basically a big open bag with a little-zippered pocket over the bag. It's truly a large size of the bag and you are able to really put a lot of stuff in it. Traveling with this small bag would be extremely useful. It's extremely comfortable to wear and the straps are tremendously breathable.
Editor's Rating: 93/100
Price On Amazon: from $15.99
OutdoorMaster Sling Bag is a multi-purpose and compact day pack that is ideal for travelers. It is lightweight single strap daypack constructed of a lightweight canvas such as polyester material which features an expansive main pocket.Another feature that I love about this is its hidden anti-theft pocket as well as the water bottle holder that can accommodate most bottle sizes. The shoulder strap is reversible, large, and softly padded, which makes this an ideal daypack no matter if you are a lefty or a righty.
Editor's Rating: 90/100
Price On Amazon: from $19.99
My advice is...
No matter which one you choose from this list, you can assure that they are all high quality and you will get the job that you need from them.
Now, it is up to you which one suits your preference. Are you looking for one-strap daypack? Then go for OutdoorMaster Sling Bag.
Do you want a daypack that is easily packable for easy storage? Then go for Go2Pak Top Lightweight Packable Backpack or ZOMAKE Waterproof Ultra Lightweight Packable Backpack Hiking Daypack.
If your main concern is the weight, then you cannot go wrong with Free Knight 25L Packable Handy Lightweight Travel Hiking Backpack Daypack and Outlander Packable Lightweight Travel Hiking Backpack Daypack.
No matter which one you choose, you have to make sure that it meets your needs and preference. Again, I can't stress it enough that the probably the most important thing you have to consider is the comfort.
Do you have any favorite daypack? What is your favorite feature? Don't forget to comment them in the box below and let us know!